General Team Information
1. District Championships on Saturday-
2. Team Dinner, 10/19, at 7:00 pm in the FHS library. I will need some parents to volunteer to assist serve and clean-up, please email me if you are availble to help.
3. On, Monday 10/22 at 3:15, we will have team and individual pictures in the courtyard. All runners must be in uniform to particpate, jv will turn in their uniforms after they take pictures. I will send home picture packets as soon as they are delivered.
VARSITY PARENTS, VERY IMPORTANT!!!
In the event that girls and boys qualify for state, we will stay overnight in Alexandria on 11/12 before heading to Natchy on the 13th . If you would like to stay at the hotel and join us for dinner, you will need to call and make your own reservation. I do not have any extra rooms reserved and will not be making reservations for parents. You are more than welcome to follow the team up or meet us that evening for dinner. This is just a heads up, so you can plan early.
Please call 318-487-9898 to make a reservation, if you would like to stay in the same hotel as the team.
Weekly Announcements for Parents:
Saturday is the final meet for the JV squad. Only the top ten boys and girls will continue in preparation for Regionals and State.
1. Team Dinner, 10/19 @ 7:00 pm in library
2. Team and Individual Pictures, 10/22 @3:15 in the courtyard.
3. District Meet at Font. State Park
Parents are responsible for their child's transportation to and from the meet on Saturday.
Parent XC TIPS:
1. Wear old shoes to the meets. Some times the grass is wet from morning dew or the area is dry and dusty.
2. Bring a foldable chair, so you can sit and rest between races.
3. Bring towel for your runner, so they can towel off before entering your car.
4. Don't forget your camera!
Practice Schedule 10/15-20
Monday- 10/15 Normal till 5:00 pm
Tuesday- 10/16 Normal till 5:00 pm
Wednesday- 10/17 Off-Long run on your own
Thursday- 10/18 Normal till 5:00 pm
Friday- 10/19 Pre-Meet on your own, TEAM DINNER IN LIBRARY AT 7:00PM
Saturday- 10/20 District 6-5A championships at Fontainebleau State Park
Upcoming Meet Info: District 6-5a Championships
Location: Fontainebleau State Park
Directions: off of Hwy 190
Girls Varsity: Arrival time: 6:45 am Race Time: 8:00 am Limited to top 7
Boys Varsity: Arrival Time: 6:45 am Race Time: 8:30 am Limited to top 7
Girls JV: Arrival Time: 7:30 am Race Time: 9:00 am
Boys JV: Arrival Time: 7:30 am Race Time: 9:30 am
Awards: 10:15 am
No one is permitted to leave until after the team meeting following the awards ceremony!
Parents- there will be a 2 mile Family fun run at 10:30 am, if you would liek to participate. The cost is $10.