Welcome to Woodlake Elementary! My name is In Gyu Jang. This is my 22nd year to serve as a clinical social worker, and my 1st year as MHP at Woodlake. The past 17 years of my practice have focused on the emotional and behavioral health of young children. My heart is always with young children, and I am thrilled to now be a part of the Pelican family.
I obtained a Master of Arts degree at Ewha Woman's University in Seoul, South Korea in 1990 and a Master of Social Work degree at Louisiana State University in 1996. I then completed a fellowship in the department of psychiatry and neurology at Tulane School of Medicine in 2003 and became an infant and early childhood mental health specialist.
Thanks for the great honor to serve as your child's MHP, and I look forward to a wonderful year at Woodlake.
Wishing you well!
- Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Specialist (age 0 to 5)
- Certified COSI (Cricle of Security International) parenting trainer
- Trauma specialized therapist for EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), PPT (Preschool PTSD Treatment) and YPT (Youth PTSD Treatment)
- Louisiana DHH/OBH preferred provider for PMT (Parent Management Training) and CPP (Child Parent Psychotherapy)
- PCIT (Parent-Child Interaction Therapy)
- Conscious Discipline