Welcome to Abney Elementary Early Childhood Center and welcome to my classroom! I am one of the Kindergarten teachers. I am a graduate of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Early Childhood Education. I am currently working on my Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. I have been teaching for over 8 years, of which 7 have been in Kindergarten. This will be my fourth year teaching in St. Tammany Parish and at Abney. I was born in New Orleans and have lived a majority of my life in Louisiana. I currently reside in Slidell with my son, Austin.
I believe the main purpose of education is to prepare children to be the future leaders, thinkers, and teachers of tomorrow. In order for children to grow to their full academic potential, they need customized instruction, encouragement, reinforcement, and guidance in order to develop the skills, strategies, confidence, and independence necessary to thrive in their future endeavors.
- Please send your child with a healthy snack everyday to school.
- Please check your child's red "Take Home Folder" folder daily for assignments, study guides, and important notices.
- Any changes in transportation should be sent to school in your child's folder using the
"Afternoon Transportation Change" form.
- Make sure your child wears their "K" for the first few weeks of school.
- Any money needs to be sent in your child's folder in a sealed envelope or their zippered pencil pouch with the completed money slip stating the amount and its purpose.
If possible, do not purchase school supplies until speaking with me or attending Meet and Greet in order to only purchase what is specifically needed for our class.