Welcome to Ms. Parker's classroom webpage!
This is my sixth year of teaching at St. Tammany Junior High School, and I teach sixth, seventh, and eighth grade English. I graduated from Louisiana State University in 2013 with a bachelor's degree in English and a concentration in secondary education. Wanting to continue my own learning, I also attained my master's degree in curriculum and instruction two years ago.
As your child's teacher, I want to:
- create engaging, challenging lessons that allow your child to develop the reading and writing skills necessary to be college and career ready,
- help your child understand that success depends not only on intelligence but also on hard work and determination,
- develop your child's love for reading and assist him or her in finding books that fit his or her particular interests and needs,
- engage students in the writing process and emphasize the importance of revision when creating quality compositions,
- and model the characteristics of a lifelong learner.
On this webpage, you will find classroom policies and updates as well as information about upcoming assignments and assessments. To access your child's particular class, select the tab labeled with the correct grade level.