Greetings Students and Parents,
Get ready to begin a thrilling year in Social Studies as we discover Ancient World History. We will cover pre-history and early man, the River Valley civilizations of Mesopotamia, India, Egypt, China, the Classical Civilizations of China, Greece, Rome, the Middle Ages, and the Renaissance Periods.
I consider learning to be a behavior change over time; for that reason, I will present and develop challenging lessons for your child that will stimulate and motivate your child to think, discover, and reflect.
Expect a challenge, homework, and projects.
- 1 Composition Notebook (some students used two by the end of the year)- needed daily
- Sharpener, Pencils /Pens/ Colored pencils or colors, Glue and scissors (kept with student)
- 2 Folders (one for graded papers and one for projects- please put name in top right corner)
Expectations for teacher and students:
- Be on time, in uniform with ID.
- Follow instructions and be prepared.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called.
- Stay in your assigned seat unless given permission to move.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself at all times.
- Speak to one another with kindness.
Expectation of Parents:
- Monitor student progress by checking the online grading system and webpages.
- Collaborate with teacher by using the school agenda and email .
- Verbal warning and tracked in teacher file
- Parent notification- email or phone (message or contact)
- Teacher Lunch Detention
- Students will be assigned homework/ classwork daily to be completed by an assigned date. Student must write the assignment in the school agenda.
Make-up and Regrades- All students can turn in late work and retake test or projects to improve performance.
- Students must use the pass and sign out. No bathroom use during the lunch period.